Have you heard of kratom resin? If you are an advanced kratom user looking to get more out of your kratom powder, you are probably familar with the term. Those who like kratom tea may opt to make red bubble kratom while some prefer to make traditional extracts from the powder, increasing the kratom’s alkaloid content on a gram per gram basis. Others find resin to be the most attractive method of consumption.
Worth noting is that there are other methods including further refining the resin to create crystals and using the resin or crystals to create a tincture formula. Both of these are solid options to consume kratom more efficiently, but instructions for them will be provided in other tutorials.
Here we explain how to create a resin from extracted kratom. Everything you need is readily available online or potentially already in your cabinets.
What You Need
Here’s a quick list of the things you’ll need for the conversion:
- Kratom – 4 oz.
- Alcohol – 1 liter (at least 90 proof for best results)
- Glass jars (Ball jars work perfectly and are sold at grocery stores and online)
- Glass cooking tray (Pyrex or similar)
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- pH test strips
- Citric acid
Kratom Resin Extraction
The following are the steps you take to complete the extraction and end up with kratom resin:
- Mix 4 oz. of kratom with 1 L of your choice of alcohol. This may take more than one jar depending on the size of the jars you’re working with. If you have only one small jar, scale the recipe down accordingly.
- Begin slowly adding in citric acid until the pH of your mixture comes is at level 4. You need citric acid to maximize alkaloid extraction, but too much can cause annoying problems for those who consume it later.
- Shake vigorously every few minutes for a couple of hours
- Let the alcohol, acid, and kratom mixture sit somewhere cool and dark for a week
- After one week, shake your jar(s) very well again and strain the liquid into your glass cooking tray. Some people soak the remaining plant material in more alcohol and citric acid for another week in an attempt to draw out the very last bit of alkaloids remaining, though there shouldn’t be much left. For now, discard it or set it aside for later.
- Set the cooking tray somewhere it will be safe while the liquid evaporates. This can take a while, especially if you used too much alcohol. The closer you can get to a sterile environment, the better. Remember, though, that there must be airflow for the evaporation to take place, so covering the tray may not be the best idea. You can use a desk fan to speed up the process.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, use your scraper or razor blade to scrape your tray and collect your kratom resin. This is your final product. If you find that it is too “gooey,” simply provide more time for it to dry.
- (Optional) Weigh your final product once you’ve scraped it all out. Compare it to how much kratom you started with to come up with its relative concentration. For instance, if you used 4 oz. (112 g) of kratom and ended up with 11 g of resin, your resin is approximately 10x strength.
That’s it, you’re finished making kratom resin. Note that, since different kratom may have different alkaloid content from the start, relative strength is not always helpful. A 10x extract from one vendor may be more potent than a 10x extract from another as the original leaf powder could contain different amounts of alkaloids.
It is more useful when comparing batch to batch of the same kratom. The best way to be sure of the strength of your final product is to have it tested by a reputable lab. We recommend Alliance Analytical Laboratories for their affordable prices and relatively quick turnaround time..
Latest from our blog
The Future of Kratom Investment: Trends and Predictions
A Southeast Asian native tree called Kratom has grown in popularity recently as a natural [...]
The Science of Kratom Toxicity and Overdose: Kratom-Related Deaths
Kratom is a Southeast Asian plant that has grown in popularity in recent years as [...]
Understanding White Vein Kratom: A Comprehensive Guide
Kratom, a Southeast Asian tropical plant, has grown in popularity in recent years due to [...]
The Amazing Super Sunda Kratom: Is It The Most Potent Variant?
The Kratom business has expanded tenfold in the past few years, and tons of new [...]
The Future of Kratom and Cryptocurrency: Trends and Implications
Kratom and cryptocurrency are two new trends that have gained traction in recent years. Kratom [...]
Red Vein Kratom: A Comprehensive Guide
Welcome to our in-depth guide to Red Vein Kratom! If you’re looking for a natural [...]