Have you ever wondered if there was a method for getting more effects from your kratom? I’m not talking about using a potentiator, though we will get back to that later. What I’m talking about is a way of causing your kratom to actually change from its original state to a more potent one.
The end result of the process is what’s being referred to in the community as red bubble kratom. The name comes from the red bubble that is formed at the surface of the mixture as shown below.
What’s the purpose of this? It’s all about efficiency. Regular kratom has a lot of alkaloids present, but your body has to work hard to process all of them. In fact, the human digestive system doesn’t even get the chance to metabolize all the alkaloids before they are eliminated.
When it’s all said and done, your body only gets to use a fraction of the total alkaloids consumed when taking kratom traditionally. What if we could get a greater concentration of alkaloids without adding anything synthetic or changing our method of consumption? Red bubble kratom is the way.
The kratom leaf contains plant chemicals called alkaloids. There have been over 40 alkaloids identified so far, all with a wide range of effects. Two of the most well-known are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, which are both opioid receptor agonists. Others include speciociliatine, corynantheidine, 9-hydroxycorynantheidine, paynantheine, speciogynine, speciofoline, and stipulatine.
When following this process, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine are essentially “released,” making them more bioavailable, or absorbable. When kratom is frozen, its plant cells become swollen and burst causing alkaloids to become extremely easy for the body to process. The result is a much higher concentration of desired plant chemicals than one would get by simply swallowing powder or capsules, plus your body gets to make use of a greater percentage of it.
What You’ll Need
- Some sort of a freezer proof container that can withstand hours of freezing. It’s easier to see when it’s done if you choose something clear.
- Lemon juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, or straight citric acid
- Water that’s just under its boiling point
- Measure out your dose of kratom and put it into your container
- Add and mix in your lime juice or whatever option you went with until the consistency reaches that of pancake batter. If you have straight citric acid powder, you will need to mix it with a bit of water first here.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes
- Bring a pot of water to just below boiling. The amount you use should be at least as much as the volume you ended up with in step two. More doesn’t hurt.
You can opt for microwaving the water in a water-safe cup if that’s an option for you
- Pour the near-boiling water into your original container
- Mix thoroughly and let stand for 30 minutes
- Place the mixture into the freezer for a few hours, or until you see a red bubble appear
- Remove from the freezer and slowly heat until consumable. Placing the container in a pot of heated water on the stove works well.
At this point you have a choice to make. Do you strain out the kratom solids for a less gritty drink, or do you leave them in knowing that tossing them would mean leaving precious alkaloids behind? The choice comes down to your personal tolerance of the taste and consistency of kratom.
Though I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this claim, it is said that approximately 16% of the total alkaloid content remains in the powder portion after red bubble kratom extraction. Keep in mind these alkaloids are all very much primed for your body at this point, so you are getting maximum usage out of your kratom with this method.
If you really want to get every last mile from your powder, you can take this a step further and potentiate the alkaloids with other products. Several items can be consumed along with kratom to cause the body to absorb more of it or for it to remain active in the body longer. For an all-natural but effective solution, read my short post on turmeric and how it helps with kratom absorption and your body as a whole.
It is important to also mention that there are differing opinions about exactly what temperature is appropriate for steps 4 and 5 above. While it is known that higher temperatures can degrade mitragynine rendering it ineffective, there is conflicting information about what those temperatures are and how long exposure needs to be.
The general consensus seems to be that 180ﾟ or so might be where things start becoming volatile. If you want to avoid this altogether you can opt to use room temperature water in the above steps, there just may not be a pronounced bubble to look at.
Red bubble kratom is a great way to make your kratom consumption more efficient and it doesn’t take much effort to accomplish. You get more out of the money you’ve spent because your body is better able to use kratom’s components. Less goes to waste. Next time you have an hour or so, give red bubble kratom a try and get a lot more out of your alkaloids.