Green Maeng Da Kratom
Green Maeng Da Kratom
The Most Popular Green Vein Kratom Around
Green Maeng Da kratom provides the perfect balance between relaxation and stimulation. The most distinct effect is usually an overall improved sense of well-being and contentment. This is a particularly popular strain among those who suffer from anxiety as it may help to alleviate the pressures of socializing with unfamiliar faces or in large groups. Our Green Maeng Da tests at 2.27% mitragynine, which is the component of kratom most responsible for the leaf’s subjective properties. To put this into perspective, most people consider anything above 1.5% to be high-concentration.
Many kratom users are surprised to learn that Maeng Da strains were not originally found in nature. These strains were engineered through crossbreeding in an effort to capture the best qualities of the leaves found in Borneo, Bali, Malaysia, and Thailand. The goal here was to produce a variety of kratom with higher overall alkaloid content relative to other strains, and many users would agree they hit their mark.
The plant compounds (alkaloids in this case) most often associated with kratom’s mental and pain-relieving effects, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, are present in these leaves in very high concentrations relative to other strains. Please start with a smaller dosage to assess tolerance, because to much can make you nauseous for an hour or two. The only remedy for that is time, so be smart and remember you can always add more later but there isn’t much you can do if you take too much in a sitting.
Green Maeng Da has a vast profile of components aside from mitragynine and 7-OH-mitragynine, and science continues to find new things out about them all. Here are just a few along with what they are being (or have been) studied for*:
- rhynchophylline – vasodilator (opening blood vessels), anti-hypertensive (maintaining healthy blood pressure), anti-arrhythmic (regulating heart rhythm)*
- speciociliatine – partial opioid agonist (like mitragynine and 7-OH-mitragynine)
- mitraphylline – vasodilator (beneficial for blood pressure maintenance), anti-hypertensive (blood pressure regulator), anti-leukemic (anti-cancer), muscle relaxer, and possible immunostimulant (has been compared to glutathione, one of the strongest antioxidants known)*
- isomitraphylline – immunostimulant (see above)*
- 9-hydroxycorynantheidine – partial opioid antagonist (thought to be part of kratom’s method of easing opioid withdrawal symptoms)
- corynantheidine – opioid receptor antagonist (may also aid in those who stop using opiates)
- epicatechin – antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, alpha-amylase inhibitor (potential blood sugar regulator), potential cancer preventative, antiviral*
Green Maeng Da may help those with chronic pain through the mu-opioid receptor agonist actions of mitragynine and similar alkaloids inside the kratom leaf. A written testimonial we received in 2019 described our green kratom as being life-changing, in fact, as a natural remedy for fibromyalgia symptoms*. Everyone reacts differently to each strain, but most people will find that it is more difficult to end up with nausea when using this strain compared to others. Look for effects to last for around four to five hours.
Those looking to balance this out for a relaxing evening experience may decide to combine it with Red Bali. This combination usually yields sedation though, so it is not ideal when productivity is needed. Many of our customers who are looking to add an energy boost often rely on strains like Maeng Da Sulawesi or even an energetic red like Red Thailand.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.